Downloadable Trail Maps
Click here to download a PDF of the Bicycling Map and detailed information on the Bike Trails and Park and Ride Locations.
While several bike trail construction projects are in the works, the following two bike trails will be available to Muskegon County residents:
- Hart Montague Trail
- Musketawa Trail
- Lakeshore Trail
- Laketon Trail
- Berry Junction Trail
- Scenic Drive Connector Route
Hart Montague Trail – The Hart Montague Trail is a 22.5 mile multi-use recreation trail that extends from Hart to Montague.
Musketawa Trail – The Musketawa Trail is a 25 mile multi-use recreation trail that extends from Muskegon to Marne.
Lakeshore Trail – The Lakeshore trail is approximately 6 miles in length starting at Veteran’s Memorial Park. The trail runs along the Southern shoreline of Muskegon Lake and ends at Pere Marquette Beach and Park. The Lakeshore Trail is owned and maintained by the City of Muskegon and has become a popular spot to ride due to its proximity with the lake and prime destination points.
Laketon trail is a 4 mile trail that connects the Lakeshore Trail and the Musketawa Trail including a few city streets.
The Berry Junction Trail is a newly opened 7 mile long trail that starts in North Muskegon and goes to Whitehall and connects to the Hart Montague Trail.
Scenic Drive Connector Route is a 21 mile long route that goes from Whitehall to North Muskegon. There are tantalizing views and it has one of the best scenery along the lakeshore including "Blockhouse Hill".
PARK AND RIDE SUGGESTIONS:
In case you live too far from work to ride from home, we suggest the following "park and ride" locations based on which part of the Muskegon Area you will be coming from:
Northern Muskegon County
- Rite Aid Parking Lot, located at 2580 Lake Ave., North Muskegon, MI.
- White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce parking lot. 124 West Hanson, Whitehall
Southern Muskegon County
- Toast 'N Jams parking lot located on Henry Street.
- The Points Plaza parking lot, located at the corner of Sternberg Rd. and Grand Haven Rd.
Central Muskegon County
- Mercy Health Partners – Hackley Campus, located on the corner of Hoyt and Laketon Ave.
- Muskegon Family YMCA, 900 W. Western Ave.
- Grand Trunk Landing, on Lakeshore Dr., end of McCracken at start of bike trail.
Interactive Trail Map
Click through to see even more features in a larger map, including live traffic and street view: